1 hostile or belligerent mood; "the chief is on the warpath today"
2 a course leading to warfare or battle
Usage notesThis word is most often used in the phrase “on the warpath”.
Warpath - in the phrase "on the warpath" - is a term originally used to describe American Indians who were heading into battle and now used to describe someone who is angry and aggressive http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=warpath.
Warpath may refer to:
- Warpath (comics), a mutant superhero in Marvel Comics
- Warpath (video game), an FPS video game by Digital Extremes for the PC and Xbox
- Warpath (shareware), a 4X real-time strategy game for the PC
- Warpath (Transformers), a Generation One Transformers character in the Mini-bot subcategory.
- Warpath (action figure), an action figure in the Big Jim range by Mattel
- Warpath (novel), a 2003 novel by Jeffry Scott Hansen
- Warpath (Star Trek novel), a 2006 Star Trek: Deep Space Nine novel by David Mack
- Warpath (album), a 1997 death metal album by Six Feet Under
- The Warpath (website) Washington Redskins Fan Site
- The Warpath, a Hardcore Punk band from Hamilton, New Zealand
- Warpath (band), a death metal band from Dublin, Ireland
- Warpath: Jurassic Park a video game that accompanies the Jurassic Park movies.
aggression, aggressiveness, antagonism, bellicism, bellicosity, belligerence, belligerency, chauvinism, combativeness, contentiousness, ferocity, fierceness, fight, hostility, jingoism, martialism, militancy, militarism, pugnaciousness, pugnacity, quarrelsomeness, saber rattling, truculence, unfriendliness, unpeacefulness, warmongering